Who Are We?
The impact that Hall of Fame basketball coach, Guy V. Lewis had on the young people he worked with is the inspiration for the Guy V. Lewis Impact Initiative. Birthed out of Kingdom Global Transformation Network, the concept came from a desire to positively impact, strengthen, and unify communities, physically, spiritually, and emotionally. We will work synergistically with established programs, ministries, and businesses in the community who share our vision and mission.
Reaching Out to All Ages
Body, Soul, and Spirit
We believe that lives are changed
when people are loved and cared for
in practical ways
Youth and College & Career
An Impact Center is a unique community center, in that it is a synergistic building. There are headquarters for the outreach services, job help, feeding programs, after school and at-risk youth programs, services for seniors, and more.
There is a Christian school for kindergarten through 12th grades, specially designed to impact the children holistically through education, nutrition, nature, and all the senses. This school integrates all learning styles with a cutting edge approach.
A basketball program, in honor of Guy Lewis’ legacy, is going to be for both after-school fun, and a serious competitive team. A state of the art basketball court will also host annual basketball camps.
Make a Positive Impact in People’s Lives
- Impact and help change the course of youth who are at risk
- Meet the physical, emotional, spiritual, and learning needs of all children and youth, including those with special learning requirements, such as those with mild autism
- Connect with qualified programs, outreaches, ministries, and businesses for the common purpose of impacting communities and building relationships
- Lay a solid foundation in the lives of children, youth, and adults of all ages, empowering them to function as healthy, prosperous, successful members of the community
- Provide hope and help to those who have been crushed by life experiences
Promote the Wholeness of Communities
- Multiple Impact Centers for innovative local outreach programs
- Schools that address all learning styles, with cutting edge, hands-on teaching techniques
- Financially assist those who cannot afford the school & programs we offer
- Family and College age fun activities & outreach
- Homes for various needs
- Youth at risk
- Transition homes for those aging out of foster care
- Unmarried pregnant young women and teens
About Guy V. Lewis
Basketball Hall of Fame coach Guy V. Lewis was an extraordinary man. He coached the Houston Cougars from 1956 to 1986, and became a legend. Known for his fast-paced, exciting style of basketball culminating with the wildly popular Phi Slama Jama, Guy was also an innovator. With a knack for recognizing and choosing players with great potential, he became the first coach to take college basketball into a nationally televised arena.
Guy’s legacy wasn’t limited to basketball. He mentored the young men on his teams, many of whom became prosperous, successful adults who now testify of the tremendous impact of his influence in their lives.
Our passion is to honor his legacy; to follow in his footsteps and beyond, to mentor many young people who may also become successful, prosperous adults, and to impact communities through multiple forms of outreach.
Guy V. Lewis
Subscribe to the IMPACT Newsletter
Let us keep you up to date on our programs and events as well as our projects as we build this wonderful Impact Center from the ground up. We will publish testimonies of lives changed and stories that will touch your heart.